Happy Healthy Mom: Whole 30 Week 1 Wrap Up!

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Whole 30 Week 1 Wrap Up!

Week one of Whole 30 in the books and I have to say I am feeling great! I started following the Whole 30 plan because over the holidays I over indulged way to much with sugar and alcohol so I wanted to give my body a break and thought why  not try the Whole 30!


So how is different from my regular nutrition plan?

The main difference is that on the Whole 30 you are not allowed to have legumes, grains, dairy, sugar or alcohol or any form of treats even if they fall compliant under those categories. There also is no guide really that tells you how much to eat...they believe that you should eat till your full and you shouldn't snack in between meals.


They also believe that you shouldn't drink any shakes in any form but instead you should be eating your food. So I guess Im cheating in my own way because I made my own rules being the rebel that I am and decided to keep shakeology in my plan. It has done so much for me and my health over the past two years that giving it up for 30 days really had no benefit for me. So thats my own personal choice!

I did have a party to go to where there were lots of drinks and cocktails and brought some Kombucha to sip on and it really did the trick! Have you heard of this amazing stuff and all the benefits?

I have been following the nutrition plan for the 21 Day Fix now for 3 years and really love the idea of knowing exactly how much to eat so I have incorporated that with the Whole 30 too:)
Love using the container system!


What about exercise?

Along with that, I have started to get back into lifting weights with my Hammer and Chisel workouts. The plan is laid out in a several ways where you can follow the 30 day, 60 day or Hybrid calendar. I love that its all online and I can stream theworkouts right from my ipad or tv. 
Chisel Balance kicked my booty!
Week one of anything is always a true test of you strength! The first few days were hard 
and my workouts sucked but I do have to say once you gain traction and get that 
momentum it feels GREAT!! If youre ready to get started on your fitness journey or looking for some accountability lets chat!






Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment