Happy Healthy Mom: One Pot Chicken Primavera

Thursday, November 10, 2016

One Pot Chicken Primavera

Okay I wanted to share with you some of the amazing food I have been eating on Core de Force. I love that we get to eat so much yummy food on this program:)

Enjoy!

  • we did modify the recipe a little, so I will tell you what I changed in the recipe as we go!

Chicken Primavera

Serves 2 (with leftovers)--I doubled the recipe

Ingredients

2 tablespoons cooking fat-we used coconut oil

1/2 C diced onions

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano

1 teaspoon fresh thyme

3 cups diced seeded tomatoes (about 3 large tomatoes)

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 1 inch diced

2 cups green beans, cut-* didn’t add in my dish

1 1/2 cups medium diced zucchini-*

1 1/2 cups medium diced yellow squash-*I added butternut squash

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes- I didnt add any

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 to 2 Tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves

I served it over spaghetti squash and the boys had it over brown rice.

Preparation

  1. In a large pot, heat the cooking fat on medium-high heat and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan,

  2. Add onions, garlic, oregano, and thyme to the pot and cook until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.

  3. Add the tomatoes and chicken to the pot (we didn’t add until later) and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have softened 3 to 4 minutes. IF you use can diced tomatoes- don’t drain them just throw in and stir.

  4. Add in vegetables -green beans, zucchini, and squash.

  5. Cook and stir until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is cooked through (no pink in the center). I grilled my chicken and added the chicken in now.

  6. Add spices- red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and sprinkle on the basil. Stir in spices for about 30 seconds to incorporate, and serve immediately.

Side note: I had to pick up my boys from CCD so I put the pot with the lid on (oven safe) into the over at 375 and left the house for about 25 minutes and when I came home it was done and SOOO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment