Happy Healthy Mom: What do I typically eat in a day?

Sunday, June 26, 2016

What do I typically eat in a day?

It is very important when exercising and trying to lose weight that you eat 6 small meals per day.  This helps you to keep your blood sugar levels steady.  It also helps you body maintain its muscle mass and fuels your body for your daily activities.  Always eat breakfast within 1 hour of rising!  And more importantly ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST!  Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  It starts your metabolism and gets your body ready for the activities you have to do during the day.  If you are not losing weight it could be because you are not eating a healthy breakfast with complex carbs and protein.
Also, make sure you always pair complex carbs and protein at every meal.  


 Ill usually venture out and try a new recipe once a week but for the most part I keep things simple and eat the same things most days.
Hot Sweaty Mess!



I start my mornings off around 5:30 am on most days and I wake up and drink a glass of water with lemon. From there I drink my favorite pre work out drink-energize. It helps me kick butt in my workout and gives me energy for the day. I always need to eat before my workouts one of my favorites is 2 eggs on a slice of toast with some sautéed spinach.

After I eat I push play in my kids play room. Most days my workouts are anywhere from 22 minutes to 45 minutes long depending on what program I do. Right now Im doing Hammer and Chisel and the workouts range between 22 mintiues and 45. I love that they really get your heart rate going and I work up a nice sweat with out having to leave my house!



Snack
After my workout I have my yummy shake! Its filled with protein, probiotics and over 70 superfoods. Sometimes Ill add fruit to it...Here Im drinking greenery with pineapple which is perfect for these hot summer days. Before drinking shakeoklogy I would add like 50 different things to my shake but now I don't have to because its already in it!

Lunch 

Around 12:oo Ill have my lunch which is usually a protein and salad. I love cooking fish because it defrosts and cooks quick! Sometimes Ill buy a rotisserie chicken and use that for my protein for the week! Its such a time saver!


Snack
Snack time usually consists of some portioned out fruit or even some veggies with hummus...
Dinner
Usually chicken of some sort and veggies.  I use sweet potatoes a lot of times and brown rice, and quinoa. Check out my eating clean recipes for more ideas

Snack
 If I am still hungry in the evenings I will have 1/2 cup greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a dab of honey!  Green tea to drink!  Green tea has these awesome natural antioxidants that help to fight off hunger and shed your body of toxins!  I love TAZO brand and the mint is my favorite flavor!

Check out my Clean Eating Recipes section for more ideas on what to eat!

Email me at coachmelissa26@gmail.com for customized meal plans and additional ideas!  I'd love to help you reach your weight loss goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment